Kick sausage pizza up a notch. This artisan-style pizza begins with a crispy Neapolitan crust covered with zesty tomato sauce, then layered with Italian sausage slices, mushrooms, capers and a generous layer of Bongards Mozzarella shreds. After baking, top with a sprinkling of fresh-snipped basil for a pizza that packs a punch.
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Bongards Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Italian sausage, sliced thin
- ½ cup mushroom slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat and stretch dough to 12-inch circle on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with pizza sauce and 1 ½ cups cheese. Evenly arrange sausage and mushroom slices over cheese; sprinkle with capers.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over all.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil.