Looking for another way to use those elbow noodles in the back of your pantry? Just toss them into this creamy, yummy bacon mac and cheese soup and and garnish with some extra crispy bits of smoked bacon. Whether you are 47 or 12, this macaroni and cheese is irresistible to all ages!
- 4 tbsp. butter – unsalted
- ½ cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz. Bongards Yellow American Cheese Loaf – roughly diced
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni – cooked in advance
- 6 slices bacon – baked crispy
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter and cook flour into a golden paste.
- Add chicken stock and milk until a sauce is formed.
- Add the cheese until dissolved.
- Add seasoning
- Garnish soup with macaroni and bacon bits.