Looking for another way to get your fill of tender elbow corn noodles? Just toss them into this creamy, yummy bacon mac cheese soup! Garnish this creamy creation with some extra crispy bits of smoked bacon and voila! A traditional dish transforms into an enticing, new concoction.
Mac and Cheese is on 48.3% of US menus and is most commonly paired with Bacon 13% of the time. The four year growth is projected to be 14%, which is a high number for a dish that is already so well known.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 4 tbsp. butter – unsalted
- ½ cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz. Bongards Yellow American Cheese Loaf – roughly diced
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni – cooked in advance
- 6 slices bacon – baked crispy
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter and cook flour into a golden paste.
- Add chicken stock and milk until a sauce is formed.
- Add the cheese until dissolved.
- Add seasoning
- Garnish soup with macaroni and bacon bits.