Prairie fed bison with a roasted garlic aioli and thick cut smoked bacon, butter leaf lettuce, house made tomato ketchup and melty slice of Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Cheese. This home cooked classic an easy way to upscale your offerings!
Bison burgers are slowly gaining menu share, reaching only 2.3% of American menu incidents. However, this dish is a sleeping giant as its one year growth is projected to be 20.7% and its 4 year growth 78.2%. This concept is most commonly paired with tomato, aioli sauce, and/or bacon at 26%, 13%, and 13% respectively. The drier bison meat is balanced with the pairing of sauces and cheese, making the dish even more savory. The peppers in the cheese offer extra flavor to the concept without overtaking the rest.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 1-1 1/2 Lb. ground bison meat
- 6 Strips of thick cut smoked bacon
- 6 Leaves of butter leaf lettuce
- 1/4 Cup house made tomato ketchup
- 3 Slices of Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 Cup roasted garlic aioli
- 3 Hamburger buns
- Form patties with bison meat.
- Add patties and bacon to grill or pan. Cook until done.
- Add all ingredients to the bun and enjoy!