Amp up your apps with this inspired Asian favorite. Delightfully crispy on the outside, these wontons feature the rich creaminess of Bongards® Cream Cheese, green onions, garlic and Chinese Five Spice Powder hidden on the inside. Serve with soy ginger dipping sauce kicked up with a dash of Sriracha for a winning wonton experience!
- 2-3 Green onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Tsp chinese five spice powder
- 8 ounces Bongards® Cream Cheese
- 2 Packs of wonton wrappers (24 in total)
- 1/4 Cp soy sauce
- 1/4 Tsp ginger
- 1 Tsp sriracha
- Chop up green onions and garlic into fine pieces.
- Combine green onions, garlic, spices and cream cheese together in a medium sized bowl.
- Set aside a small bowl of water for sealing the wrapper.
- Lay a wrapper on your palm and add 1/2 tablespoon of the filling to the center. Dip one finger into the water and trace it along the edges of the wrapper. (You can also use egg for a stickier seal).
- Wrap the wonton by bringing all four points to the top, pinching the sides together to seal the wonton.
- When all wontons are wrapped, heat up oil in a large frying pan. Add in the wontons and deep fry them until golden brown. Repeat until all wontons are fried.
- Whisk together soy sauce, ginger and sriracha in a small bowl. Portion out into dipping bowls.
- Serve fresh wontons with delectable dipping sauce!