The French version of an all day sandwich – toasted brioche bread, smoked ham, Bongards® Natural Provolone, fried egg on top and a drizzle of a mornay style cheese sauce. Don’t worry – our melt loaf will help you make it perfect every time!
This delicious menu concept is a more satisfying casual dining offering for a brunch or dinner sandwich. The use of two cheese products creates a more visually appealing build while still following the traditional recipe. Croque madame utilizes egg 91% of the time, ham 83%, and Mornay cheese sauce 28% on United States menus and is found on them 1% of the time. Though the menu incident percentage is small, this concept is expected to grow 58.5% over the next four years
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 2 slices of brioche bread – toasted
- 1 slice of smoked ham
- 1 pan fried egg
- Mornay style cheese sauce
- 1 slice Bongards® Natural Provolone
- Create mornay sauce using this recipe.
- Melt butter in fry pan and fry egg.
- Optional – heat ham in fry pan with remaining butter.
- Toast two slices of brioche bun.
- On one slice, place ham, provolone, and some of the mornay sauce with the second slice on top. Pour more mornay sauce on top of the build and place the egg on that. Bon appetit!