Here’s a healthy breakfast sandwich that’s so tasty, your family won’t guess it’s good for them. Start with a whole-grain, toasted English muffin. Then top it with tender baby spinach leaves, an egg white patty and a juicy turkey sausage patty. Add two slices of melty Bongards Natural Cheddar cheese, and drizzle the whole thing with garden-fresh Chimichurri sauce.
- 1 medium breakfast sausage patty
- 2 slices Bongards Cheddar Cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 multigrain English muffin, toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared chimichurri sauce
- In small nonstick skillet, cook sausage patty according to package directions; top with cheese and allow to melt; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and place back on stovetop over medium high heat. Whisk egg whites together and pour into heated skillet. Cook over medium high heat, pushing cooked egg portions to the center to form a patty.
- Place spinach leaves on bottom half of English muffin; top with egg white patty.
- Top with warm sausage patty, cheese side up. Spoon chimichurri sauce over cheese. Top with top half of English muffin.