A type of Béchamel sauce made with a mild cheese. Often with cheddar, this sauce is used for mac & cheese sauce and most commonly found on casual dining menus.
Use the Bongards® Super Melt™ White Loaf for superior quality, melt and flavor on your next LTO.
Mornay is a staple cheese sauce found on 1.2% of US menus. It is often found paired with egg 38% of the time, ham 31% of the time, and potato 25% of the time.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 2 tbsp unsalted butte
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Bongards® White Super Melt™ Loaf – roughly diced
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- In sauce pan, melt the butter and add flour.
- Cook until the flour dissolves and cooks out to a slight nutty essence.
- Add milk, stir until incorporated. Then add the cheese and all other remaining ingredients.
- Keep held over low heat or steam table.