Create a pepped-up patty that students will melt for – by adding the kick of Bongards® Pepper Jack Cheese. With lean ground beef, whole grain bread, and caramelized onions for extra zip, this burger delivers smart nutrition and a fiery punch. Try it with a fun, bite-sized slider patty or go full-size for mega satisfaction!
Preparation: 25 Minutes
Number of Servings: 10
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Medium onions, thinly sliced
- 10 – 90%, 1/4 lb. beef patties
- 10 Slices Bongards® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 20 Slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and cook slowly until golden brown and soft, stirring occasionally.
- Cook ground beef patties according to package directions until well done.
- One minute before burgers are finished cooking, top each patty with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Tray 10 slices of toasted bread. Top each with a burger patty, cheese side up.
- Divide caramelized onions evenly among burger patties.
- Top each with a second slice of toasted bread.
- 1 Patty melt
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Cp. broccoli
- 8 Oz. skim milk
APPROXIMATE MEAL NUTRITIONAL INFO:
- Calories: 626 Calories
- Total Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 783mg
- Protein: 35g
- Fiber: 12g