Tried and true in Philly, this burger concept scores big with your customers. Bongards® Natural Provolone Cheese gives this burger class and the American cheese bell pepper sauce delivers the perfect garnish.
The two Bongards cheese products on this burger makes this build extra decadent. Traditional Philly Cheese Steak pairings include a grilled component found 37% of the time, provolone slices 28%, and American slices 14%. Provolone is found on 29.8% of US menus and is well known by consumers. Because the concept has been adopted by the majority of applicable foodservice operators, the 4-year growth is only expected to be 0.5%. However, a recent national chain launch of this burger style has made a big impact on their customer base, potentially on behalf of the more convenient style.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Lb. 90% ground hamburger
- 4 Brioche buns, halved
- 4 Bongards® Provolone Cheese Slices
- 1 Cp mornay sauce
- Cut both peppers into bite sized bits.
- Add oil to pan over medium high heat. Add peppers and crisp outsides. Remove from heat.
- Cook mornay sauce according to the recipe. At the same time, cook patties in medium heat pan or grill until done.
- Add peppers to the mornay sauce. The sauce should be a thick consistency that will stay on the burger.
- Crisp buns on pan.
- Place burger and provolone on the bun. Add mornay mixture on the burger and top with a bun.