Tried and true in Philly, this burger concept scores big with your customers. Bongards® Natural Provolone Cheese gives this burger class and the American cheese bell pepper sauce delivers the perfect garnish.
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Lb. 90% ground hamburger
- 4 Brioche buns, halved
- 4 Bongards® Provolone Cheese Slices
- 1 Cp mornay sauce
- Cut both peppers into bite sized bits.
- Add oil to pan over medium high heat. Add peppers and crisp outsides. Remove from heat.
- Cook mornay sauce according to the recipe. At the same time, cook patties in medium heat pan or grill until done.
- Add peppers to the mornay sauce. The sauce should be a thick consistency that will stay on the burger.
- Crisp buns on pan.
- Place burger and provolone on the bun. Add mornay mixture on the burger and top with a bun.