We’ve combined two classic student cravings – burgers and pizza – into one zesty, new Pizza Burger! Featuring a whole grain English muffin, lean ground beef, a lively pizza sauce, and a magnificently melted Bongards® Mozzarella Slice to top it off, this burger is simple to make, perfectly portioned, and sure to win over your students.
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 8 Whole grain English muffins, split
- 1 Lb. 90% ground beef
- 1/2 Cp. chopped onion
- 1 (15 oz.) Jar of pizza sauce
- 2 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- 8 Slices Bongards® Mozzarella Cheese, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, if desired
- Preheat broiler.
- Place English muffin halves, cut side up on sheet pan. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Top each muffin half with 1/4 cup meat mixture. Place 1/2 slice mozzarella cheese over top of each.
- Place pan in broiler and broil 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each with chopped basil.
- 2 Pizza Burger Halves
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 Cp. green beans
- 8 Oz. skim milk
APPROXIMATE MEAL NUTRITIONAL INFO:
- Calories: 590 Calories
- Total Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 677mg
- Protein: 20g
- Fiber: 6g