Can your guests resist a Mexican dish that translates to “molten cheese?” We didn’t think so. This season, kick off game days with Queso Fundido featuring versatile Bongards Jalapeño Pepper Process American Loaf and Monterey Jack/Cheddar Shreds mixed with fire-roasted poblano peppers, zesty chorizo sausage, chopped onion and fresh cilantro—all melted into a kickin’ concoction that makes a signature, shareable starter. For something a little different, try Bongards Melting Cheese in the place of our Super Melt loaf. Serve with freshly prepared corn tortilla chips and let the fiesta begin!
- 1 Pound Bongards Supermelt White American Loaf OR Bongards Melting Cheese
- 1 Cup Bongards Monterey Jack/Cheddar Shreds
- 1/2 – 1 Cup milk (to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 8 Ounces chorizo
- Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Cilantro, diced
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Roast poblano peppers on a grill over a medium flame until skin is blackened, put in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and once cooled remove blackened skin, discard seeds and dice peppers.
- Cook chorizo, onions, and garlic until browned and to an internal temperature of 160˚F.
- In a bowl, mix poblano, chorizo mixture, and cilantro.
- Shred the Supermelt American Loaf or Melting Cheese.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the cheeses and milk with drained chorizo mixture. Bake until melted.
- Top with pico de gallo and serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.