Can your guests resist a Mexican dish that translates to “molten cheese?” We didn’t think so. This season, kick off game days with Queso Fundido featuring versatile Bongards Jalapeño American Loaf and Monterey Jack/Cheddar Shreds mixed with fire-roasted poblano peppers, zesty chorizo sausage, chopped onion and fresh cilantro—all melted into a kickin’ concoction that makes a signature, shareable starter. For something a little different, try Bongards Melting Cheese in the place of our Super Melt loaf. Serve with freshly prepared corn tortilla chips and let the fiesta begin!
- 1 Pound Bongards Jalapeno American Loaf OR Bongards Melting Cheese
- 1 Cup Bongards Monterey Jack/Cheddar Shreds
- 1/2 – 1 Cup milk (to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 8 Ounces chorizo
- Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Cilantro, diced
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Roast poblano peppers on a grill over a medium flame until skin is blackened, put in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and once cooled remove blackened skin, discard seeds and dice peppers.
- Cook chorizo, onions, and garlic until browned and to an internal temperature of 160˚F.
- In a bowl, mix poblano, chorizo mixture, and cilantro.
- Shred the Supermelt American Loaf or Melting Cheese.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the cheeses and milk with drained chorizo mixture. Bake until melted.
- Top with pico de gallo and serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.