Take to the streets and swing by the Great Lakes to find the inspiration for this menu concept! The pristine smoked salmon combined with traditional street taco ingredients will leave you with a flavor that will blow your taste buds away. Plus, Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Slices melted onto warm tortillas are the only plates you’ll need!
Smoked salmon is a well known ingredient and found on US menus 12.7% of the time. It is expected to have a steady 0.6% one year growth and 3.6% four year growth. Pepper jack cheese can often be found paired with smoked flavors, like salmon, 19% of the time, as well as avocado 23% of the time. The heat of the pepper jack cheese is boosted by the delicate smoked salmon flavor, making every bite better than the last.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- Chilled smoked salmon
- 4 Tortillas/hard taco shells
- 4 Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Slices
- 2 Sliced radishes
- 1-2 Sprigs of cilantro
- 3 Avocado slices (chopped bite sized)
- 4 Spoonfuls of chunky salsa verde
- Season salmon with desired seasonings and cook.
- Place salmon in a bag (if it was not cooked in one) and transfer is to a large bowl of ice water until the salmon is cold to the touch.
- Remove salmon from the bag and store in the fridge for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Take the tortillas and warm them on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Add one cheese slice to one side of each tortilla.
- Add in the salmon, radishes, avocados, and salsa.
- Top with cilantro and serve.