Smothered Sliders: bite sized snacks that pack a lot of flavor. Never deny your taste buds the joy that comes from a few sliders covered in creamy white American cheese sauce and topped with sweet, caramelized onions on petite, angel-soft snowflake rolls. This is the perfect addition to a summer day party platter!
- 8 Snowflake rolls
- 1 Red onion (cut into strips)
- 1 Lb. Bongards® Super Melt™ White American Cheese Loaf
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Pickle (sliced)
- Caramelize onion strips in a hot skillet. Set aside.
- Form 8 beef slider patties and place in skillet at medium to medium high heat. Cover with a lid and cook until done.
- In a separate sauce pan, add in water and the cheese (diced). Stir until melted. Reduce heat to low.
- Cut the snowflake rolls in half and add patties and onions. Drizzle with cheese sauce and top with the roll.
- Add a toothpick with a pickle slice as a garnish.