Nothing beats the combo of warm crispy chips and melty queso except when a splash of tequila is added into the mix. To make this dish melt Bongards Super Melt cheese with a sautéed tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño and a splash of tequila. Then top your bowl of creamy, cheesy goodness with the pico de gallo mixture and serve with tortilla chips for an instant favorite.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 Medium chopped onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced and seeded
- 1 Jalapeño diced and seeded
- 3 Tablespoons tequila
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 16 Ounces Bongards Super Melt Cheese, cubed OR Bongards Melting Cheese
- ½-1 Cup milk (to achieve desired consistency)
- In large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in oil over medium heat, until they are softened. Add the diced romas and a splash of tequila and stir for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and add jalapeños then set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan add the cubed cheese and milk; cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until melted, adding additional milk if needed.
- Stir in the pico de gallo mixture and spoon into a festive queso bowl and top with some of the pico for extra flair. Serve with toasty tortilla chips and watch it disappear!