Wrap your fists around this Texas sized cheeseburger, layered with 100% rib-eye beef patty, Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Slices, fluffy farm fresh eggs, diced onion and pepper with a slice of warm ham all between slices of golden Texas Toast. Is it just for breakfast? You decide.
Breakfast burgers are currently found in 1.7% of US menus and are a staple in many Americans’ morning meals. It it is often paired with eggs and American cheese 97% and 26% of the time respectively. It also tends to be an easy menu addition, since many quick service and mid-casual restaurants already have Texas Toast in their ingredient pantry. The breakfast burger is expected to grow 17.3% in 2019 and 106.8% over the next four years.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 8 Slices of Texas Toast
- 8 Slices of honey baked ham
- 4 Rib-eye patties (pre-made or home-made)
- 8 Bongards® Natural Pepper Jack Slices
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Green onions
- Salt and pepper
- On a griddle, cook rib-eye patties, warm ham slices, toast both sides of toast, and cook eggs to desired style.
- While ingredients are cooking, finely chop up the green onions.
- Stack ingredients onto one Texas Toast slice with the eggs and onions on top. Cover with the other Texas Toast slice.