Fusion is one of the hottest trends in foodservice. This concept is inspired from Thailand and incorporates the Bongards® American Green & Red Pepper Loaf. Hints of coconut milk, cream cheese, mango salsa, fresh cilantro and toasted coconut satisfies everyone.
Spicy, overseas dishes are expanding into the American market, and Thai chili is no exception. Its one year projected growth is 12.5% and it is already on 2.1% of US menus. This concepts is paired with jalapeno pepper 34% of the time, sriracha 26%, and pickled foods 64%. This balance between sweet and spicy is a great way to expand your menu’s flavor variety.
Source: Datassentials 2018
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger fresh – minced
- ½ tbsp. lemon grass – minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 oz. coconut milk – full fat
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 8 oz. Bongards® Processed Jalapeno American Cheese Loaf with Red Peppers
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro – chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Fresh coconut shreds – toasted for garnish
- Mango salsa – garnish
- In sauce pan heat the chicken stock and add the garlic, ginger and lemon grass until sweated.
- Add the chili sauce, cream cheese, coconut milk and American pepper loaf melt until dip is homogenous.
- Garnish with salsa, coconut, cilantro and cheese shreds. Serve with fried wontons, egg rolls or chicken satay.